Please read this page before ordering anything from us.
CellphoneUnlock.net has no affiliation with any cell phone manufacturer or cellular service carrier and does not represent itself as such. All trademarks, logos and images are copyright to their respective owners. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to report any misuse.
We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website and your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by these latest terms and conditions.
Although unlocking your phone is 100% legal in Canada, standards and laws may apply differently outside of Canada. It will be the buyer’s responsibility to comply with local laws and standards for unlocking their device.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please note that we may occasionally e-mail promotions and special offers to your e-mail address which you may easily opt out of by sending in an request to exclude you from our mailing list.
USA Customers: There has been some changes to the law regarding unlocking of cell phones affecting individuals in the USA. As of August 1st, 2014, the “Unlocking Consumer Choice and Wireless Competition Act” allows you to unlock your phone at your discretion.
This effectively reverses the law that was effective January 26th, 2013, where you had been required to have permission from your service provider to unlock any devices purchased from your carrier (USA carriers only) after January 26th, 2013. If you have any questions regarding this law, please contact us for clarification.
We only unlock phones from your original network. This does not mean it will automatically work with all networks in the world. It is still your responsibility to verify the phone in which you are unlocking will be compatible with the network you wish to use it on. The best way to do this is by contacting the carrier you wish to use your phone with.
Before you purchase one of our unlock codes, it is up to you as the purchaser to check to see if your device is already hardlocked. This means your device will be unable to accept one of our “working unlocking codes” as you are out of attempts. Depending on the manufacturer of your device you may have 3-10 tries. We will not refund you if your device is already hardlocked and you have already purchased a code. If you have less than 5 attempts left, or if you are not sure, please contact us first before placing an order.
The device which is being unlocked cannot be blacklisted, barred, or reported lost or stolen. We will not be responsible if the device is successfully unlocked and cannot be used on certain networks due to being blacklisted, barred, or reported lost or stolen. You are responsible for checking for blacklisted phones prior to placing an order.
When placing an order, customers must make sure that the phone has the correct prompt for the phone to be unlocked. There are instances where the phone may be simply asking for a personal password. You are responsible for making sure that the phone has the correct prompt. If you are not sure, please contact us.
Providing accurate information
When selecting the network that your phone is locked to, please be aware that there are similar networks in different countries. Cancellations may occur inconveniently if the wrong country is selected for your carrier. (ie. Vodafone Australia and Vodafone UK)
It is important to acquire your IMEI via dialing *#06#. The IMEI on the box of the phone or the back of the phone is unacceptable. You are responsible to make sure the IMEI acquired correctly.
There are special circumstances where we will ask you to get the IMEI in an alternative way such as through the settings of the phone, but this is only acceptable if we ask you to do so.
SERVICE: TURNAROUND TIMES
Wait times for the unlocking process:
- The posted turnaround times are ESTIMATED delivery times and are not guaranteed. Turnaround times may vary from different models, networks, and supplier status.
- While most of our services are instant and can be returned in a matter of minutes please note that we do not keep stock of all unlock codes for delivery. There is simply too many codes for us to keep track and handle. Depending on the method for retrieving your unlock code, times may vary for turnaround times. You can rest assured that we will do all we can to find your code and fulfill the order as fast as we can but ask for your patience if this should be the case.
- Orders which have already been sent in for processing cannot be cancelled while in transit or processing. This also means that they are not refundable until the process is complete.
- If an order is processing and there is a payment dispute, CellphoneUnlock.net’s automated system will automatically place your order on hold and this may further cause inconveniences for you. Please contact us for any cancellations and refund requests and we will always try our best under extenuating circumstances.
- Orders processed with an eCheck are subject to Paypal’s mandatory 5 business day wait. If you wish to order with a verified method, contact us to cancel the eCheck in order for you to order again.
- We reserve the right to block our services to any website user that has filed a Paypal complaint.
- We reserve the right to block our services to any website user that has filed a credit card or bank complaint.
SERVICE: HELP AND ADVICE
After you have received your code or unlock:
- Some devices may require a non-accepted sim card in order to unlock the device. A non-accepted sim card is any sim card which is from a different carrier than the locked device. Please note, it does not have to be active. You are responsible for having this sim card if needed.
- If a custom ROM has been installed on the device, it may be required to restore the original ROM in order to successfully use the Unlock Code.
- If you are stuck and you cannot unlock your phone, please make sure to look at the troubleshooting section of the instructions. If you need further help, please make sure to contact us.
Revised September 2014