How To Unlock an AT&T or T-Mobile Phone
While some devices are sold unlocked so that people can use them with any carrier, the majority of phones are sold SIM-locked. If a device is locked it can only be used through one particular carrier. Let’s assume you’ve purchased a phone from AT&T and have chosen a plan. It's not as easy as you might think to switch over to T-Mobile or another service provider. You'll first have to unlock the iphone using one of our unlock codes. Below is a simple step-by-step procedure to unlock ATT phones. Unlocking AT&T devices Before attempting to unlock any device that's locked into AT&T, you'll need to meet the following requirements:
- You must at one time have subscribed to the AT&T carrier network.
- You must be sure that the device you want to unlock is from AT&T.
- The phone should not be reported stolen.
- You must not have attempted to unlock the device more than five times.
- The device must have been active or carry a record of 60 days with no unpaid balance.
- You must be sure that the phone isn’t associated with any fraudulent activity.
- Make sure the phone is a T-Mobile device.
- The device should not be reported stolen.
- You have not made than two unlock request within that year.
- You should be sure that 18 consecutive monthly payments have been paid, if the device is on service contract.
- Your account should be in “good standing.”